Kids' favourite: Chilly Potatoes in easy stepsEvening time is said to be the snack time. Be it a kid or an adult, everyone looks out for something tempting and yummy.Although ‘samosa', ‘kachori', ‘mathri' are all time favourite evening snacks but kids
Evening time is said to be the snack time. Be it a kid or an adult, everyone looks out for something tempting and yummy.
Although ‘samosa', ‘kachori', ‘mathri' are all time favourite evening snacks but kids always love to have variety.
However, it is not easy to think of a different snack every day and that too something which your kid will love to eat as well.
But there is one such dish which has been an all time favourite for kids apart from Maggi, and that is “chilly potatoes”.
Go to a mall or to roadside stalls, chilly potato is ruling them all and kids love them too.
So now surprise your kids by making their favourite dish at home by following the below-mentioned simple steps -
Potato, coriander, green chillies, ginger paste, corn flour, tomato sauce, soya sauce, onion, garlic buds, chilly sauce, vinegar, chilly flakes, salt, sugar and oil.
1. Take 3 potatoes and wash them properly. Now peel them and slice the potatoes into thin long pieces.
2. Take 4tbsp of corn flour in a bowl and mix the sliced potatoes in the corn flour so that the potato slices gets coated with the corn flour.
3. Fry the corn flour coated potato slices till they turn golden brown. Place them in a sieve to strain the excess oil.
4. Take 2 tbsp of oil in another pain. When the oil gets heated add 1 finely chopped onion and 5-6 finely chopped garlic buds. Cook it till the onion turns pink.
5. Now add 1 tsp of ginger paste along with 2 finely chopped green chillies and cook it for a while.
6. Lower the flame, and add 1 tbsp of chilly sauce, 2 tbsp of tomato sauce and 1 tbsp of soya sauce and mix them well.
7. Now take 1 cup of corn flour along with ¼ cup of water and mix it well. Keep stirring and make sure all the lumps are dissolved.
8. Add the mixture in the spices paste and add ½ tsp of salt and ½ tsp of sugar to it. Cook for 2 minutes.
9. Now add the fried potato slices to the mixture. Also add ½ tsp of chilly flakes, 1 tsp of vinegar and 2 tbsp of coriander leaves. Mix it well.
Chilly potatoes are ready to be served. Garnish the dish with green coriander and green onion before serving.