Berdych, No.7 in the world rankings, defeated world No.45 Berloq 6-3, 6-3, 6-4 during a 45-minute match at the clay court of Parque Roca's Mary Teran de Weiss in southern Buenos Aires Sunday, reports Xinhua.
The victory sealed a 3-1 win for the Czech team and led to its second Davis cup final in the last four years.
The previous final played by Czech Republic was in 2009 when they lost to Spain 0-5 in Barcelona. The European country will again face Spain Nov 16-18.
The Czech victory can be credited to Berdych's remarkable level, he had recently reached the semi-finals in the US Open, and the absence of two main Argentinean players.
Del Potro played the Davis Cup's first match Friday and defeated Radek Stepanek, ranked 40th, 6-4, 6-4, 6-2, but tendonitis in the left wrist forced him to abandon the series.
The second match was won by Berdych against Juan Monaco, ranked 11th, in five sets with a score of 6-1, 4-6, 1-6, 6-4, 6-4.
Berdych/Stepanek defeated Berloq/Schwank 6-3, 6-4, 6-3 in the doubles match Saturday.
From Our Network
- Economist or Banker? 7 candidates likely to succeed Rajan at RBI
- India joins MTCR, first entry into any multilateral export control regime
- Nokia appoints Sanjay Malik to lead its India business
- Google CEO Sundar Pichai's Quora account hacked
- Sheila Dikshit ‘turns down’ Congress’ offer to be CM face for UP polls: report