Berdych, No.7 in the world rankings, defeated world No.45 Berloq 6-3, 6-3, 6-4 during a 45-minute match at the clay court of Parque Roca's Mary Teran de Weiss in southern Buenos Aires Sunday, reports Xinhua.
The victory sealed a 3-1 win for the Czech team and led to its second Davis cup final in the last four years.
The previous final played by Czech Republic was in 2009 when they lost to Spain 0-5 in Barcelona. The European country will again face Spain Nov 16-18.
The Czech victory can be credited to Berdych's remarkable level, he had recently reached the semi-finals in the US Open, and the absence of two main Argentinean players.
Del Potro played the Davis Cup's first match Friday and defeated Radek Stepanek, ranked 40th, 6-4, 6-4, 6-2, but tendonitis in the left wrist forced him to abandon the series.
The second match was won by Berdych against Juan Monaco, ranked 11th, in five sets with a score of 6-1, 4-6, 1-6, 6-4, 6-4.
Berdych/Stepanek defeated Berloq/Schwank 6-3, 6-4, 6-3 in the doubles match Saturday.
From Our Network
- China's developer Wanda takes on Disney with its new theme park
- Women are responsible for half of misogynistic tweets, study finds
- Gorilla killed after 4-yr-old falls into zoo enclosure
- Kanpur shocker: Bankrupt man puts wife at stake in IPL bet, loses her
- US Man gets first-of-its-kind multiple organ transplant