Barcelona's Alex Song and Marseille's Andre Ayew complete the five nominees announced by the African Football Confederation on Friday. The winner will be named on Dec. 20.
Senegal international Ba has been a goal-scoring success in England's Premier League, while Toure won the English title with Manchester City. He won the award last year.
Ivorian teammate Drogba is a two-time winner and was nominated for a seventh time after winning the Champions League with Chelsea.
Egypt and Al Ahly midfielder Mohamed Aboutrika was nominated for best Africa-based player alongside two of Zambia's African Cup winners, Rainford Kalaba and Stoppila Sunzu, who scored the winning penalty in the final.
From Our Network
- Ayaz Promised He Wouldn't Speed, Says Azhar's Friend Jwala Gutta
- Watch: 'You're not happy India won', captain cool Dhoni fumes at journalist
- IPL 8: Glenn Maxwell has disappointed himself: George Bailey
- Sachin Tendulkar prays for flood victims, says Chennai is fighting back
- Ahmed Shehzad acted like Afridi's servant: Former PCB chief
- Why doesn’t farmers’ suicide trouble you as much as Pratyusha’s, asks Nana Patekar
- 'Find Your Beautiful': Radhika Apte explains real meaning of beauty
- Actor Harshvardhan Rane finds it challenging to romance three heroines in 'Maaya'
- Shah Rukh Khan is really impressed with his 'Raees' co-stars
- Kapil Sharma returns tonight: 5 reasons that make the first episode special