Barcelona's Alex Song and Marseille's Andre Ayew complete the five nominees announced by the African Football Confederation on Friday. The winner will be named on Dec. 20.
Senegal international Ba has been a goal-scoring success in England's Premier League, while Toure won the English title with Manchester City. He won the award last year.
Ivorian teammate Drogba is a two-time winner and was nominated for a seventh time after winning the Champions League with Chelsea.
Egypt and Al Ahly midfielder Mohamed Aboutrika was nominated for best Africa-based player alongside two of Zambia's African Cup winners, Rainford Kalaba and Stoppila Sunzu, who scored the winning penalty in the final.
From Our Network
- Down but not defeated: Kapil Sharma’s show scores high in TRP report card
- ‘#FailedModiDiplomacy’: Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at PM Modi over NSG membership bid
- Start negotiations to ‘leave’ as soon as possible, EU chiefs tell Britain
- Inhuman! Woman, lover tied naked in public while mob clicks pictures
- It’s a girl: Dimpy Ganguly and husband Rohit Roy welcome their first born