"We plan to open a riding school. And hopefully one day, we can see an Indian driver on our bikes," Dhoni said.
The renamed team has signed up world champion Kenan Sofouglu and former world champion Fabien Foret, at a glittering event here.
Sofouglu is a Turkish driver having won the championship three times in 2007, 2010 and the recently-concluded season with the Kawaski team after the Portuguese Grand Prix. He also raced in the World Superbike Championship for Ten Kate, but with little success.
Foret, the French driver, is a 2002 world champion. At the end of 2008, he had 24 podium finishes, including 11 wins and 12 pole positions.
MSD R-N Racing Team India had debuted in the 600cc class as India's first FIM World Superbike Championship Team.
Despite its entry, mid-way into the season, the team put up a strong performance, peaking at the final race at Magny Cours, France with its rider Dan Linfoot pulling off a podium finish.
The Superbike championship will make its India debut in March next year, at the Buddh International Circuit.
With the new riders, the team is aiming for the championship, when they participate in their first full season at the 2013 World Superbike Championship.
The retained drivers (Dan Linfoot, Florian Marino) and new drivers will also test the Kawasaki ZX-6R during the official winter testing session.
From Our Network
- Beijing sinking by up to 11cm annually, warns a satellite study
- Oh No! Shraddha Kapoor gets injured during 'Half Girlfriend' shooting
- India needs Rs 100 lakh cr for infrastructure: Arun Jaitley
- Hot climate is responsible for higher rates of aggression and violence, shows study
- Amancio Ortega, world’s second richest person, lost over Rs 4073 crore over Brexit