The event will be staged in France for the first time in the 33-year history of the tournament.
Besides World No.13 Pallikal, the contingent includes the experienced Joshana Chinappa (World No. 32), Asian junior champion Anaka Alankamony (73) and Junior No.2 Aparajitha Balamurukan (142).
Accompanying the team, that is seeded 10th, are Cyrus Poncha and Maj (Retd) S. Manaim as the coaches.
In 2010, the India finished in 11th position, but the girls are confident of doing better this time. India are clubbed with Ireland and Argentina for the preliminary league.
Argentina, Korea and Namibia will compete for the first time in this edition where a record 26 nations will take part in the biennial WSF event.
The pools are (with seeding in brackets):
Pool A: Ώ] England,] Scotland, ] Republic of Korea. Pool B: ΐ] Egypt, ] Wales, ] Mexico. Pool C: Α] Malaysia, ] South Africa, ] China, ] Spain. Pool D: Β] Hong Kong China, ] Czech Republic, ] Colombia, ] Namibia. Pool E: Γ] New Zealand, ] USA, ⎢] Japan. Pool F: ] Australia, ] Canada, ] Austria. Pool G: Ε] Ireland, ] India, ] Argentina. Pool H: Ζ] Netherlands, Η] France, ⎡] Germany.
From Our Network
- Ayaz Promised He Wouldn't Speed, Says Azhar's Friend Jwala Gutta
- Watch: 'You're not happy India won', captain cool Dhoni fumes at journalist
- IPL 8: Glenn Maxwell has disappointed himself: George Bailey
- Sachin Tendulkar prays for flood victims, says Chennai is fighting back
- Ahmed Shehzad acted like Afridi's servant: Former PCB chief
- Why doesn’t farmers’ suicide trouble you as much as Pratyusha’s, asks Nana Patekar
- 'Find Your Beautiful': Radhika Apte explains real meaning of beauty
- Actor Harshvardhan Rane finds it challenging to romance three heroines in 'Maaya'
- Shah Rukh Khan is really impressed with his 'Raees' co-stars
- Kapil Sharma returns tonight: 5 reasons that make the first episode special