India, a country of 1.2 billion people, has been on the lower rungs of sports compared to developed countries, as far as Olympics events, FIFA World Cup, grand slam tennis and hockey is concerned.
We do not count anywhere in Winter Olympics, nor do we participate.
Yet, there is no point in losing hope. Our players have over the years notched up great achievements in different sports.
Here we take a look at the 8 defining moments in sports for India :
From Our Network
- Narendra Modi, Ranbir Kapoor, Gandhi family controversy: 10 things Rishi Kapoor said in ‘Aap Ki Adalat’
- Tulsidasji, pranaam – writes ‘prodigal’ science topper Ruby Rai during re-test
- UP: Man gets bobbitised by 17-year-old Dalit girl during rape attempt
- India's NSG entry may take time, but will happen for sure: MEA
- After Deepika Padukone, Ranveer Singh gives a perfect reply to their ‘rumoured’ break-up