India, a country of 1.2 billion people, has been on the lower rungs of sports compared to developed countries, as far as Olympics events, FIFA World Cup, grand slam tennis and hockey is concerned.
We do not count anywhere in Winter Olympics, nor do we participate.
Yet, there is no point in losing hope. Our players have over the years notched up great achievements in different sports.
Here we take a look at the 8 defining moments in sports for India :
From Our Network
- Bipasha Basu speaks up on being Karan Singh Grover’s ‘third wife’ and his past
- 'Junooniyat' is entirely different from 'Sanam Re', says Yami Gautam
- Flipkart Big Shopping Days: 10 deals you should not miss
- Huge solar storms helped foster life on Earth, says NASA
- KRK at it again, tries to troll Abhishek Bachchan only to get shut down with befitting reply