According to a NADA statement, Adrian's ‘A' sample, collected on March 21, contained “higher concentration of tetrahydrocannabinol (THC), a metabolite of marijuana”.
Adrian was found to have violated Article 2.1 of the NADA and WADA Anti—Doping Code and now can ask for a ‘B' sample test within seven days time from the date of receipt of the order, in this case by April 18.
The NADA statement further said that the matter has already been informed to Hockey India (HI), International Hockey Federation (FIH), World Anti—Doping Agency (WADA) and WSH organisers.
Although no provisional suspension has been imposed on him, Adrian could face a possible sanction from the game if his ‘B' sample test is also found to be positive.
Adrian had played for Mumbai Marines in the World Series Hockey which was held across the country from February 29 to April 2.
From Our Network
- Shot 8 times, Transgender in Pakistan dies as hospital sits on her treatment deciding sex
- Watch: Here’s the incident when Arijit Singh miffed Salman Khan
- Revealed: This woman is the reason behind Salman Khan and Sanjay Dutt’s cold war
- ‘Queen’ of ‘Lies’? Not only age, Kangana Ranaut lied about getting Rs 11 crore for Rangoon too?
- Salman Khan NOT to remove Arijit Singh’s song from ‘Sultan’!