Returning from injuries, dashing batsmen Virender Sehwag and Yuvraj Singh joined the rest of the Indian cricket team in an over two-hour long net session to prepare for the seven-match ODI series against Australia starting October 25.
Sehwag, who has recovered from a shoulder injury, and Yuvraj, still nursing a fractured finger, looked comfortable during their stay in the middle at the Mumbai Cricket Association's Bandra-Kurla complex grounds.
While Sehwag was his usual self, trying to hoick the bowlers out of the ground, Yuvraj looked at ease facing the likes of Ishant Sharma, Sudeep Tyagi, Amit Mishra and Virat Kohli.
Senior batsman Sachin Tendulkar had a half-an-hour stint against medium pacers Praveen Kumar, Munaf Patel, Ashish Nehra and off-spinner Harbhajan Singh as the team practiced ahead of the series that starts in Vadodara.
Skipper Mahendra Singh Dhoni, who warmed up by sharpening his wicketkeeping skills, was seen practising big shots.
Meanwhile, coach Gary Kirsten, who had arrived in Mumbai on Tuesday, took charge of the catching and fielding drills in the absence of fielding coach Robin Singh who, along with bowling coach Venkatesh Prasad, was sacked by the BCCI last week. PTI
From Our Network
- Ayaz Promised He Wouldn't Speed, Says Azhar's Friend Jwala Gutta
- Watch: 'You're not happy India won', captain cool Dhoni fumes at journalist
- IPL 8: Glenn Maxwell has disappointed himself: George Bailey
- Sachin Tendulkar prays for flood victims, says Chennai is fighting back
- Ahmed Shehzad acted like Afridi's servant: Former PCB chief
- Why doesn’t farmers’ suicide trouble you as much as Pratyusha’s, asks Nana Patekar
- 'Find Your Beautiful': Radhika Apte explains real meaning of beauty
- Actor Harshvardhan Rane finds it challenging to romance three heroines in 'Maaya'
- Shah Rukh Khan is really impressed with his 'Raees' co-stars
- Kapil Sharma returns tonight: 5 reasons that make the first episode special