Put in to bat, India posted a massive score of 284 for six, largely owing to the 175-run stand between Kamini and Poonam Raut (72) for the first wicket.
In reply, the West Indies lost wickets at regular intervals and were bowled out for 179 in 44.3 overs.
Indian bowlers bowled in good areas and extracted movement off the pitch and in the air.
Nagarajan Niranjana picked up three for 52 but it was the opening spell of new ball bowlers Jhulan Goswami (2-13) and Amita Sharma (1-28) that put the team from the Caribbean on the backfoot.
Earlier, after a brilliant start by Kamini and Raut, Goswami smashed her way to 36 off 21 balls. It was the impetus the hosts needed as the lanky all-rounder hit six fours in a blitzkrieg off an innings.
Harmanpreet Kaur (36) too played a good hand as India went on to post a big score.
The West Indies batters were in trouble from the outset, finding it hard to play the moving ball.
Deandra Dottin's 39 off 16 balls was the only bright spot for an otherwise poor batting performance.
India: 284 for six in 50 overs (Thirush Kamini 100, Poonam Raut 71, Jhulan Goswami 36, Harmanpreet Kaur 36; Deandra Dottin 3-32) vs West Indies: 179 all out in 44.3 overs (Deandra Dottin 39, Shanel Daley 28, Shemaine Campbelle 21; Nagarajan Niranjana 3-52, Jhulan Goswami 2-13, Gouher Sultana 2-38)
From Our Network
- Wait-listed in Rajdhani Express, get an Air India booking
- ‘Queen’ of ‘Lies’? Not only age, Kangana Ranaut lied about getting Rs 11 crore for Rangoon too?
- Delhi: PM Modi, Amit Shah in favour of fresh polls
- Salman Khan fought with real wrestlers in 'Sultan', says it used to hurt
- A.R. Rahman to Arjit Singh: Salman Khan’s bad blood with musicians is not new. Here’s proof