New Delhi, Dec 6 : Comeback man Irfan Pathan is delighted that all the pain and hardwork that he has gone through in the last two years finally paid off as he has been recalled to the Indian ODI squad for the last two matches against the West Indies.
“It would be difficult for me to say whether it's more of a happiness or a relief that I am back but I would like to make full use of the opportunities available.
Not many people get a chance to represent the country and I have been fortunate enough to do that and, God willing, would like to represent my nation for a long time,” Pathan told PTI over phone from Vadodara.
The left-arm seamer, who was out in the wilderness for the last two years, due to a sharp dip in form and subsequent injuries thanked former MRF coach TA Sekhar for his support.
“TA Sekhar's inputs have proved to be beneficial for a lot of pacers across the country and I am one of them who has immensely benefitted from his technical inputs.
He discussed a few corrective measures regarding my wrist position which has helped me get my swing back. The hard work is certainly paying off,” the talented Pathan Junior stated.
Was it the seven-wicket haul against Delhi that helped him clinch a berth, Irfan answered, “I can't say that on the basis of one performance I am back.
I have started this season really well and has been consistent so far. I am feeling well and the rhythm is back. Now I have to carry on the good work to the next level."
From Our Network
- ICC Test rankings: Australia extends lead over India after annual update
- B'day Special: 10 funniest quotes of Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Sandeep Tomar becomes fourth wrestler to book Olympics berth
- When it comes to taking pressure, Dhoni best: Ashish Nehra
- Pak all-rounder Abdul Razzaq blames former coach Waqar for team’s downfall
- Kamya Punjabi speaks on her break-up with Karan Patel
- If you won’t fund F-16 jets, will get them from elsewhere: Pakistan tells US
- Forget Anushka, Virat spends special moments with 'the most beautiful woman in the world' (see pic)
- Shah Rukh Khan is really impressed with his 'Raees' co-stars
- Holi Hai: Shahnaz Hussain’s Skin & Hair Care Tips