New Delhi, Dec 6 : Comeback man Irfan Pathan is delighted that all the pain and hardwork that he has gone through in the last two years finally paid off as he has been recalled to the Indian ODI squad for the last two matches against the West Indies.
“It would be difficult for me to say whether it's more of a happiness or a relief that I am back but I would like to make full use of the opportunities available.
Not many people get a chance to represent the country and I have been fortunate enough to do that and, God willing, would like to represent my nation for a long time,” Pathan told PTI over phone from Vadodara.
The left-arm seamer, who was out in the wilderness for the last two years, due to a sharp dip in form and subsequent injuries thanked former MRF coach TA Sekhar for his support.
“TA Sekhar's inputs have proved to be beneficial for a lot of pacers across the country and I am one of them who has immensely benefitted from his technical inputs.
He discussed a few corrective measures regarding my wrist position which has helped me get my swing back. The hard work is certainly paying off,” the talented Pathan Junior stated.
Was it the seven-wicket haul against Delhi that helped him clinch a berth, Irfan answered, “I can't say that on the basis of one performance I am back.
I have started this season really well and has been consistent so far. I am feeling well and the rhythm is back. Now I have to carry on the good work to the next level."
From Our Network
- IPL: 8 hottest female anchors
- India lose top position in ICC’s latest ODI and T20I rankings
- IPL 2016: Dhoni-led Supergiants begin road to recovery with win over Hyderabad
- Sandeep Tomar becomes fourth wrestler to book Olympics berth
- Pak all-rounder Abdul Razzaq blames former coach Waqar for team’s downfall
- Wahoo! Aamir Khan’s buys new bike containing metal of aircraft 'INS Vikrant'
- Here’s how Mrs. Bipasha Basu Singh Grover is flaunting her marital status
- 5 social evils in India that still prevail
- Bullet train fare 1.5 times higher than AC 1st Class
- Is this the actual reason behind Sushant Singh Rajput and Ankita Lokhande’s break-up?