The batting maestro sustained a finger injury in his right hand in the IPL season opener against defending champions Chennai Super Kings on April 4 and missed the next three games.
Yesterday he took part in his first batting practice, facing throw-downs for 45 minutes while the rest of the MI team members had a net session at the Wankhede Stadium.
Since the IPL season opener against Chennai, Mumbai Indians have not had a solid start but with Tendulkar expected to take his spot at the top of batting order, MI can hope for a strong opening stand for the likes of Kieron Pollard and Rohit Sharma to feast on later.
Neither T Suman, who opened in two games, nor Ambati Rayudu, who got a chance to launch the innings in the other game, prospered in Tendulkar's absence.
South African Richard Levi, who debuted in the IPL in style with a man-of-the-match award-winning half century when Tendulkar was at the other end, also has not done anything extraordinary since the opening game.
A victory for MI tomorrow would be their third on the trot and help them shoot their way back to the top while a win for the Daredevils would take them to six points and keep them among the leading teams on the points table.
MI floundered while chasing a small score against Pune Warriors in the only loss they had suffered so far, before Rohit, Pollard and Rayudu struck form in the previous two games to help them chase successfully or post challenging totals.
From Our Network
- Ayaz Promised He Wouldn't Speed, Says Azhar's Friend Jwala Gutta
- Watch: 'You're not happy India won', captain cool Dhoni fumes at journalist
- IPL 8: Glenn Maxwell has disappointed himself: George Bailey
- Sachin Tendulkar prays for flood victims, says Chennai is fighting back
- Ahmed Shehzad acted like Afridi's servant: Former PCB chief
- Why doesn’t farmers’ suicide trouble you as much as Pratyusha’s, asks Nana Patekar
- 'Find Your Beautiful': Radhika Apte explains real meaning of beauty
- Actor Harshvardhan Rane finds it challenging to romance three heroines in 'Maaya'
- Shah Rukh Khan is really impressed with his 'Raees' co-stars
- Kapil Sharma returns tonight: 5 reasons that make the first episode special