Adelaide, Jan 23: Offspinner Nathan Lyon has been included at the expense of fast bowler Mitchell Starc in Australia's lineup for the fourth cricket test against India starting Tuesday.
Starc has been named Australia's 12th man and will likely be released to play for the Sydney Sixers against the Perth Scorchers in Saturday's final of the Twenty20 Big Bash League.
Captain Michael Clarke said Australia had chosen what it considered its best XI for usually batsman-friendly conditions at the Adelaide Oval and was determined to complete a 4-0 sweep of the test series.
"We think that is the best XI to give us every chance to win this test match," Clarke said. "I think the experience of the other three quicks will play a big part in these conditions.
"The wicket looks really good and I think reverse swing is going to play a huge part in this test match."
India has yet to name its lineup but will be without captain Mahendra Singh Dhoni, who was suspended after the third test at Perth because of his team's slow over rate.
Opening batsman Virender Sehwag is expected to captain India in the Adelaide Test, which will start in forecast temperatures of around 36 degrees Celsius (97 degrees Fahrenheit).
Australia: Ed Cowan, David Warner, Shaun Marsh, Ricky Ponting, Michael Clarke (captain), Mike Hussey, Brad Haddin, Peter Siddle, Ryan Harris, Ben Hilfenhaus, Nathan Lyon. 12th man: Mitchell Starc.
From Our Network
- IPL: 8 hottest female anchors
- 24 Ads & 100 crores: No! Hollywood has not helped Priyanka Chopra in multiplying her brand value
- 5 interesting facts about Dinesh Karthik & Dipika Pallikal's wedding
- Hrithik Roshan is travelling back in time for ‘Mohenjo Daro’. Here’s how!
- Radhika Apte was offered sex comedies after ‘Badlapur’, thinks it’s because she ‘stripped’ in the thriller