Dhaka, Mar 14: Sri Lanka captain Mahela Jayawardene says allrounder Angelo Mathews has been ruled out of the Asia Cup one-day tournament with a calf injury.
Mathews missed the finals of the recent tri-series in Australia but was included in the Asia Cup squad. He sat out Sri Lanka's first match of the tournament, a 50-run loss to India on Tuesday.
Jayawardene said Wednesday Mathews had some fitness tests and "hasn't pulled through those well," but the team is hopeful the key allrounder will be ready to face England in the home test series beginning March 26.
Sri Lanka is yet to name a replacement for the Asia Cup.
From Our Network
- Bipasha Basu’s sisters cried because of Karan Singh Grover at their wedding. Know why!
- Eye on UP polls: Amit Shah to have meal with dalit family in Varanasi
- Tanmay Bhat’s ‘controversial’ video finally has a reaction from Lata Mangeshkar herself!
- Anti-Tobacco Day: Can smoking cause impotency ?
- Know who said what on Tanmay Bhat’s controversial video mocking Tendulkar & Lataji