Dhaka, Mar 14: Sri Lanka captain Mahela Jayawardene says allrounder Angelo Mathews has been ruled out of the Asia Cup one-day tournament with a calf injury.
Mathews missed the finals of the recent tri-series in Australia but was included in the Asia Cup squad. He sat out Sri Lanka's first match of the tournament, a 50-run loss to India on Tuesday.
Jayawardene said Wednesday Mathews had some fitness tests and "hasn't pulled through those well," but the team is hopeful the key allrounder will be ready to face England in the home test series beginning March 26.
Sri Lanka is yet to name a replacement for the Asia Cup.
From Our Network
- Wait-listed in Rajdhani Express, get an Air India booking
- ‘Queen’ of ‘Lies’? Not only age, Kangana Ranaut lied about getting Rs 11 crore for Rangoon too?
- Delhi: PM Modi, Amit Shah in favour of fresh polls
- Salman Khan fought with real wrestlers in 'Sultan', says it used to hurt
- A.R. Rahman to Arjit Singh: Salman Khan’s bad blood with musicians is not new. Here’s proof