Dhaka, Mar 14: Sri Lanka captain Mahela Jayawardene says allrounder Angelo Mathews has been ruled out of the Asia Cup one-day tournament with a calf injury.
Mathews missed the finals of the recent tri-series in Australia but was included in the Asia Cup squad. He sat out Sri Lanka's first match of the tournament, a 50-run loss to India on Tuesday.
Jayawardene said Wednesday Mathews had some fitness tests and "hasn't pulled through those well," but the team is hopeful the key allrounder will be ready to face England in the home test series beginning March 26.
Sri Lanka is yet to name a replacement for the Asia Cup.
From Our Network
- Ayaz Promised He Wouldn't Speed, Says Azhar's Friend Jwala Gutta
- Watch: 'You're not happy India won', captain cool Dhoni fumes at journalist
- IPL 8: Glenn Maxwell has disappointed himself: George Bailey
- Sachin Tendulkar prays for flood victims, says Chennai is fighting back
- Ahmed Shehzad acted like Afridi's servant: Former PCB chief
- Why doesn’t farmers’ suicide trouble you as much as Pratyusha’s, asks Nana Patekar
- 'Find Your Beautiful': Radhika Apte explains real meaning of beauty
- Actor Harshvardhan Rane finds it challenging to romance three heroines in 'Maaya'
- Shah Rukh Khan is really impressed with his 'Raees' co-stars
- Kapil Sharma returns tonight: 5 reasons that make the first episode special