Rahane produced a scintillating 103-run unbeaten knock off just 60 balls and together with Owais Shah (60) stitched 121 runs off 8.2 overs for the second wicket to guide Rajasthan to a mammoth 195 for two after opting to bat at the R Chinnaswamy Stadium.
Rahane carried on his good form in the tournament and showed his intentions from the onset. He decorated his unconquered innings with 12 boundaries and five huge sixes to stamp his authority on the highest run—scorer of the tournament list.
Rahane was a treat to watch as he pulled, cut and drove RCB bowlers with consummate ease during his century knock.
Coming in at number three position, Shah provided Rahane the perfect support from the other end, scoring a quickfire 60 off just 29 balls during which he struck five fours and as many sixes.
Chasing the formidable total, RCB lost the plot after a quick start and lost wickets at regular intervals to be bowled out for 136 in 19.5 overs.
Trivedi starred with the ball for Rajasthan with brilliant figures of four for 23, while Pankaj Singh (2/18) and Amit Singh (2/43) also scalped two wickets apiece.
Mayank Agarwal (34 off 21) gave a brisk start to RCB's run chase before Pankaj pegged back the visitor's innings with a double blow in the fifth over.
From Our Network
- IPL 2016: Major setback for KXIP as Shaun Marsh ruled out due to injury
- Leicester City wins EPL title for first time in 132-year history
- Pak all-rounder Abdul Razzaq blames former coach Waqar for team’s downfall
- Spectators sing the birthday tune for Virat Kohli in Mohali
- IPL 2016: KKR take on Pune, eye third consecutive win
- AgustaWestland scam: How did Swamy get 'sensitive' documents, asks Congress
- IPL: 8 hottest female anchors
- See Pics: AbRam playing with father Shah Rukh amidst match is too cute to handle
- Donald Trump takes the reins of divided Republican Party
- KRK has something to say about Karan Singh Grover’s third marriage with Bipasha Basu