The cheque was given on behalf of an NGO ABIL Foundation, which had auctioned some of Dhoni's personal items and added more donations to the amount.
Dhoni presented an autographed bat to Dr Vikas Amte, son of Baba Amte, who accepted the cheque on behalf of Anandvan.
ABIL Foundation chief Avinash Bhosle was also present. Dhoni reminded the audience about the martyrs of Jallianwalla Bagh massacre.
From Our Network
- 'Kim Yo-jong ka Swayamvayar': North Korean dictator turns matchmaker for his sister
- Successful, suicidal and the boyfriend connection: What actresses’ death reveal about the glamour world
- Kapil Sharma vs Bajirao Mastani: Who won the battle of TRP’s last Saturday?
- Delhi: Pay upto Rs 500 extra electricity bill from this month
- 2nd anniversary celebrations: Govt ropes in Amitabh Bachchan to host five-hour event at India Gate on May 28