The cheque was given on behalf of an NGO ABIL Foundation, which had auctioned some of Dhoni's personal items and added more donations to the amount.
Dhoni presented an autographed bat to Dr Vikas Amte, son of Baba Amte, who accepted the cheque on behalf of Anandvan.
ABIL Foundation chief Avinash Bhosle was also present. Dhoni reminded the audience about the martyrs of Jallianwalla Bagh massacre.
From Our Network
- Post break-up with Sushant Singh Rajput, Ankita Lokhande STUNS everyone with her new avatar
- Second 'ad-wrapped' Metro train ready to hit tracks in Delhi
- Meet Angoorlata Deka, the actress-turned-MLA from Assam
- Bipasha Basu speaks up on being Karan Singh Grover’s ‘third wife’ and his past
- This is how Akshay Kumar has already defeated Shah Rukh Khan in game of screens