Being put into bat at the Tony Ireland Stadium here, India scored 239 in 49.1 overs with Unmukt missing out on a century by just six runs. He scored 94 in 110 deliveries with six boundaries and four sixes. In reply, England were bowled out for 176 in 44.5 overs, with left—arm seamer Mohsin Sayyed scalping four for 31.
India were in a spot of bother when they were reduced to 108 for five, but a 90—run sixth wicket stand between Unmukt, who came in at one down, and S. Patel (53, 1x4, 3x6) steadied the ship. Skipper Adam Ball was the most successful bowler with figures of three for 39.
While chasing, Punjab medium—pacer Sandeep Sharma (3/32) dealt three quick blows as England were tottering at 65 for six within the first 20 overs. Sayyed then ran through the middle—order as England were never in contention.
Unmukt, who has already played 11 first—class matches, was adjudged man—of—the—match.
India U—19 239 in 49.1 overs (U Chand 94, S Patel 53, A Ball 3/31).
England U—19 176 in 44.5 overs (A Ball 39, M Sayyed 4/31, S Sharma 3/32).
From Our Network
- After Aishwarya, Abhishek Bachchan speaks up on Salman Khan’s Rio controversy
- Shah Rukh Khan avoids Mumbai traffic in the most UNBELIEVABLE way
- 10 Highest Fuel Efficient Motorcycles in India
- China's developer Wanda takes on Disney with its new theme park
- Women are responsible for half of misogynistic tweets, study finds