After losing their opening game against Mumbai by eight wickets, Chennai returned to winning ways on Saturday, comfortably beating Deccan Chargers by 74 runs.
"It's always good to be on the winning side. We were a bit rusty in the first match, but the boys executed the plans well today to put up a big score," said Dhoni at the post-match presentation ceremony.
Asked about what was a good score on this wicket, Dhoni said," We were looking something around 150-160 to defend."
"We were not sure about the dew factor but we still managed to get 190," he said.
Deccan skipper Cameron White praised Chennai's Ravindra Jadeja for his all-round performance.
"Jadeja played really well. We are a young team and Chennai are an excellent side," he said.
Man-of-the-Match Ravindra Jadeja, who scored a quick-fire 29-ball 48 and then scalped five wickets for 16 runs, dedicated the performance to his family.
"A fabulous performance for me. I would like to thank my mom and family and I'm very happy that I had a good day," he said.
"Initially, I was looking to rotate strike. I was waiting for a left-arm spinner to come in and then I wanted to go for the big shots."
Asked about his superb show with the ball, he said, "In T20, a five-wicket wicket haul is very good. I was trying to bowl stump to stump and wanted to restrict them."
From Our Network
- Ayaz Promised He Wouldn't Speed, Says Azhar's Friend Jwala Gutta
- Watch: 'You're not happy India won', captain cool Dhoni fumes at journalist
- IPL 8: Glenn Maxwell has disappointed himself: George Bailey
- Sachin Tendulkar prays for flood victims, says Chennai is fighting back
- Ahmed Shehzad acted like Afridi's servant: Former PCB chief
- Why doesn’t farmers’ suicide trouble you as much as Pratyusha’s, asks Nana Patekar
- 'Find Your Beautiful': Radhika Apte explains real meaning of beauty
- Actor Harshvardhan Rane finds it challenging to romance three heroines in 'Maaya'
- Shah Rukh Khan is really impressed with his 'Raees' co-stars
- Kapil Sharma returns tonight: 5 reasons that make the first episode special