RCB collpase to lowest IPL total of 49, lose by 82 runs Kolkata, Apr 23 (PTI) In a stunning collapse, Royal Challengers Bangalore were all out for 49, the lowest score in the history of IPL as Kolkata Knight Riders spanked them by 82 runs, here tonight.
The hosts had put up a modest total on the board as they were all out for 131 with RCB leg-spinner Yuzvendra Chahal taking three wickets.
However, the hosts defended the total despite facing one of the biggest hitters in the game in the rival camp.
Australian paceman Nathan Coulter-Nile ripped apart the Bangalore top-order by dismissing skipper Virat Kohli (0), AB de Villiers (8) and Kedar Jadhav (9).
Pacemen Chris Woakes (3/6) and Colin de Grandhomme (3/4) also took three wickets each to bowl out RCB for 49 in just 9.4 overs.
* 7.3: WICKET! P Negi (2) is out, lbw Colin de Grandhomme, 42/7
* 6.5: WICKET! S Binny (8) is out, c Robin Uthappa b Chris Woakes, 40/6
* 6.2: WICKET! C Gayle (7) is out, c Nathan Coulter-Nile b Chris Woakes, 40/5
* 4.1: WICKET! K Jadhav (9) is out, Caught, b Nathan Coulter-Nile, 24/4
* 1.2: WICKET! M Singh (1) is out, c Manish Pandey b Umesh Yadav, 3/2
* 0.3: WICKET! V Kohli (0) is out, c Manish Pandey b Nathan Coulter-Nile, 3/1
* RCB need 132 to win
* 19.3: WICKET! K Yadav (4) is out, b Sreenath Aravind, 131 all out
* 11.3: WICKET! C de Grandhomme (0) is out, c Virat Kohli b Yuzvendra Chahal, 93/6
* 11.1: WICKET! M Pandey (15) is out, Caught, b Yuzvendra Chahal, 93/5
* 9.2: WICKET! Y Pathan (8) is out, st Kedar Jadhav b Yuzvendra Chahal, 81/4
* 6.2: WICKET! R Uthappa (11) is out, lbw Samuel Badree, 66/3
* 5.4: WICKET! S Narine (34) is out, c Yuzvendra Chahal b Stuart Binny, 65/2
* 3.5: T Mills to R Uthappa, 4 runs, 52/0
* Bangalore elect to bowl against Kolkata
Kolkata Knight Riders: Gautam Gambhir (captain), Sunil Narine, Robin Uthappa (wicket-keeper), Manish Pandey, Yusuf Pathan, Suryakumar Yadav, Colin de Grandhomme, Nathan Coulter-Nile, Kuldeep Yadav, Chris Woakes, Umesh Yadav.
Royal Challengers Bangalore: Chris Gayle, Virat Kohli (captain), AB de Villiers, Kedar Jadhav (wicket-keeper), Mandeep Singh, Stuart Binny, Samuel Badree, Pawan Negi, Tymal Millas, S. Aravind, Yuzvendra Chahal.
(With inputs from PTI)