India's star cricketer Mahendra Singh Dhoni today stepped down as captain of India's limited-over teams but the wicketkeeper-batsman will always be remembered as the best captain in Indian cricket history.
Dhoni led India in 199 ODI matches in which the team won 110 matches. He led the team in 72 T20Is in which the team won 41 matches.
Here are some of the achievements that make Dhoni the most successful captain of the Indian cricket.
1) Dhoni has won all ICC trophies including two World Cups. Dhoni led India to victory in ICC T20 World Cup in 2007, the ICC ODI World Cup in 2011, ICC Champions Trophy in 2013.
2) He has led India to the numero uno (Number 1) position in ICC Test ranking in 2008.
3) Being one of the best batsmen, Dhoni overall stands sixth in the list of most Test wins in the history of cricket.
4) Dhoni is all time best wicketkeeper-batsman in India.
5) He is the coolest captain for many reasons. He knows how to work under pressure and his calm temperament lets him go through all difficult times during a match.
6) He is also famous for taking very clever and risky decisions. During the final match in the 2007 World Twety20, he gave the last over to Joginder Sharma who had not been very impressive with balls.
The over tilted match in India’s favor and team succeeded in beating arch-rivals Pakistan to lift first T20 World Cup.
7) MS Dhoni has always been firm on the fact that he would like to play some role in the Army sometimes after he calls time on his cricketing career.