Age definitely brings more experience in the cabinet but it also creates a big disconnect between the majority of the population and those who are framing policies for them.
It's time for the ruling leadership to give a serious thought towards bringing in more young faces in the cabinet so that the average age of cabinet ministers is brought down to a more acceptable level.
There is no dearth of young politicians in India, but the problem is that most of them belong to this or that political dynasty. Those who are out of active politics do not want their near and dear ones to join politics given the inherent manipulations and machinations attached with the life and journey of a politician.
On the other hand, a politician is always on the lookout for selecting his political heir from amongst his kith and kin. More often, they end up passing on the baton to sons or daughters. It will not be wrong to say that slowly but surely, India is moving towards ‘democratic monarchy' where rulers will be chosen from different dynasties.
Let's have a look at some of the most promising young politicians of India:
From Our Network
- Post break-up with Sushant Singh Rajput, Ankita Lokhande STUNS everyone with her new avatar
- Second 'ad-wrapped' Metro train ready to hit tracks in Delhi
- Bipasha Basu speaks up on being Karan Singh Grover’s ‘third wife’ and his past
- This is how Akshay Kumar has already defeated Shah Rukh Khan in game of screens
- Meet Angoorlata Deka, the actress-turned-MLA from Assam