"Maa, Maati, Manush (people, land mother) are assets of our democracy. I will bow before them but I will never give in to those displaying arrogance power," she said here at a function.
"There is no use threatening us, for we too can strike back," she added.
Her comments come in the wake of the divorce between her Trinamool Congress and the Congress both in the state and in Nww Delhi.
Trinamool ministers Friday resigned from the government of Prime Minister Manmohan Singh in protest against economic reforms.
The Congress has also decided to quit the Mamata Banerjee government in West Bengal.
From Our Network
- Tulsidasji, pranaam – writes ‘prodigal’ science topper Ruby Rai during re-test
- Turkey president apologises to Vladmir Putin over death of Russian Pilot
- Down but not defeated: Kapil Sharma’s show scores high in TRP report card
- Office of profit: Now, law student moves EC against 27 AAP MLAs
- 'Kriti' controversy: Shirish Kunder slams Nepal film maker with a legal notice