“The Centre wants that we die of hunger. But as long we are in power in the state, we will not let that happen. We may be poor, but not beggars,” Banerjee told a rally here in Purulia district.
“We know how to get back our rights,” she said, but did not elaborate.
Whether central help was available or not, her government would assist farmers with tractors and agriculture inputs and also electricity for irrigation since diesel was hardly affordable after the hike in its price, the chief minister said.
“We will build our own resources to sustain our agriculture,” she said.
Her government could achieve many things in the last one and a half years despite severe fund constraints, she claimed.
“I challenge the opposition to charge me with defamation if I have given any false promise to the people,” the firebrand leader said.
Banerjee also attacked a section of the media and urged the people not to give credence to canards against the government.
Among other things, a lac research centre, a multi-super speciality hospital, 12 model schools and an ITI would be established in the backward district, she said.
From Our Network
- Panama Papers leak pits PM Nawaz Sharif against both Pakistan Army and Imran Khan
- PM Modi, Amit Shah ordered staged shootout in Ishrat Jahan case, says Congress
- Play active role for village development, use Centre’s resources: PM Modi
- Vijay Mallya to be expelled from Rajya Sabha, concludes Parliament Panel
- Met LG not for withdrawal of cases against AAP leaders: Satyendra Jain
- Kapil Sharma vs Bajirao Mastani: Who won the battle of TRP’s last Saturday?
- Best Boyfriend Ever: Virat Kohli is making special plans to amaze Anushka on her birthday!
- Decoded: How Anant Ambani lost 108 kg in 18 months (Watch Video)
- US: Drunk Indian-origin lady doctor fired after video of her attacking Uber driver goes viral
- This never seen pic of Hrithik and Kangana is proof that Duggu had relations with Queen