She knew terror was always lurking around the corner. She had two kids to look after alone. Hence, she was initially reluctant towards joining politics. But the deteriorating political fortunes of Congress party made her take the responsibility of party president on her shoulders.
She became an epitome of womanhood by taking care of her household all by herself. She became an essence of leadership by controlling the party which had ruled India for decades.
Sonia Gandhi became the president of Congress party in 1998. Ever since then she worked to reinvent the Congress party.
She completed her 15 successful years as the president of Congress this week. Here we give you a glance at her journey of these 15 years through pictures.
From Our Network
- Cong knew where the Ganga was going: Parrikar on kickbacks in Agusta deal
- B'day Special: 10 facts to know about great Tamil icon C.N. Annadurai
- India does not support any one political group in Nepal: Ambassador Ranjit Rae
- PM Modi to visit Iran this month, aims to bolster bilateral ties
- Rajya Sabha Chairman accepts Vijay Mallya's fresh resignation
- The Kapil Sharma Show Vs Colors: Humour wins over historical saga of Bajirao-Mastani; features among Top 5 shows
- My name is Malaika Arora and I am not a ‘KHAN’: Arbaaz’s wife keen on dropping her surname
- Shilpa Shetty and Raj Kundra celebrate their fifth wedding anniversary today (view pics)
- KRK has something to say about Karan Singh Grover’s third marriage with Bipasha Basu
- A tour to professional tattoo and body piercing studio "Irezumi"