“Uddhavji, who is now overseeing the work of Shiv Sena as executive president, will be elected as party president,” a party functionary close to Thackeray told PTI.
The decision to this effect would be taken in the national executive meeting slated to be held on 23 January at the Shiv Sena Bhawan, party's headquarters at Dadar in central Mumbai.
Even after Uddhav being made the Sena chief, party patriarch Balasaheb Thackeray will be called as Shiv Sena ‘pramukh'.
“Uddhavji had earlier stated that party ‘pramukh' will be Balasaheb,” he said.
In an interview in party mouthpiece ‘Saamana' last month, Uddhav had categorically stated that no one can replace Bal Thackeray as Shiv Sena ‘Pramukh'.
“Bal Thackeray will continue to remain the party supremo,” he had said.
“All the guidelines to elect Uddhav Thackeray as party president will be followed as per the directions from the Election Commission (EC),” the party source added.
From Our Network
- B'day Special: 10 facts to know about great Tamil icon C.N. Annadurai
- PM Modi to visit Iran this month, aims to bolster bilateral ties
- Paswan to sit on dharna tomorrow in support of toddy sellers
- Second, short affidavit was to ‘dispel misinterpretation’, Chidambaram says on Ishrat Jahan controversy
- BJP, Congress lock horns over ‘Hindu terror’ issue
- Good-bye speculations: Salman Khan is finally getting married by end of this year
- She still got the moves: Aishwarya dancing on Dola Re, Dhoom Machale will make you go WOW!
- London likely to get first Muslim mayor, opponent plays Modi card
- Laughing Buddha: Which one to use and where to place?
- Ajay Devgn avoids clash with SRK but plans to go head-on with Karan Johar