“Uddhavji, who is now overseeing the work of Shiv Sena as executive president, will be elected as party president,” a party functionary close to Thackeray told PTI.
The decision to this effect would be taken in the national executive meeting slated to be held on 23 January at the Shiv Sena Bhawan, party's headquarters at Dadar in central Mumbai.
Even after Uddhav being made the Sena chief, party patriarch Balasaheb Thackeray will be called as Shiv Sena ‘pramukh'.
“Uddhavji had earlier stated that party ‘pramukh' will be Balasaheb,” he said.
In an interview in party mouthpiece ‘Saamana' last month, Uddhav had categorically stated that no one can replace Bal Thackeray as Shiv Sena ‘Pramukh'.
“Bal Thackeray will continue to remain the party supremo,” he had said.
“All the guidelines to elect Uddhav Thackeray as party president will be followed as per the directions from the Election Commission (EC),” the party source added.
From Our Network
- Down but not defeated: Kapil Sharma’s show scores high in TRP report card
- ‘#FailedModiDiplomacy’: Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at PM Modi over NSG membership bid
- Start negotiations to ‘leave’ as soon as possible, EU chiefs tell Britain
- Inhuman! Woman, lover tied naked in public while mob clicks pictures
- It’s a girl: Dimpy Ganguly and husband Rohit Roy welcome their first born