“Uddhavji, who is now overseeing the work of Shiv Sena as executive president, will be elected as party president,” a party functionary close to Thackeray told PTI.
The decision to this effect would be taken in the national executive meeting slated to be held on 23 January at the Shiv Sena Bhawan, party's headquarters at Dadar in central Mumbai.
Even after Uddhav being made the Sena chief, party patriarch Balasaheb Thackeray will be called as Shiv Sena ‘pramukh'.
“Uddhavji had earlier stated that party ‘pramukh' will be Balasaheb,” he said.
In an interview in party mouthpiece ‘Saamana' last month, Uddhav had categorically stated that no one can replace Bal Thackeray as Shiv Sena ‘Pramukh'.
“Bal Thackeray will continue to remain the party supremo,” he had said.
“All the guidelines to elect Uddhav Thackeray as party president will be followed as per the directions from the Election Commission (EC),” the party source added.
From Our Network
- Alia Bhatt swims against the tide, defends Tanmay Bhat’s controversial video
- Epic! Kareena Kapoor cracks ‘high-end’ joke on ex-flame Shahid Kapoor
- Top 5 budget Reliance LYF smartphones
- Former cricketer Mohammad Azharuddin denies marrying Shannon Marie Talwar
- Know who said what on Tanmay Bhat’s controversial video mocking Tendulkar & Lataji