“We have decided to move a resolution on FDI in the next session of Parliament,” senior party leader and former minister of state for Urban Development Sougata Roy said after a meeting of the party's ex-central ministers except Mukul Roy with Trinamool Congress supremo Mamata Banerjee at the state secretariat here.
The party MPs had also decided to stage a demonstration in New Delhi on September 26, he said.
Commenting on Prime Minister Manmohan Singh's address to the nation on Friday, Roy said, “It was unexpected as such speeches are usually given on August 15 and in times of external emergency. The speech was also not inspiring at all.”
TMC MP and former railway minister Dinesh Trivedi, who had an unceremonious exit from the ministry for hiking passenger fares, was also present at the meeting.
From Our Network
- After photoshop fiasco, TMC in soup as BJP, Left threatens legal action
- If US, Iran can end hostilities, why not India, Pak: Mehbooba Mufti
- Arvind Kejriwal, Mamata Banerjee meet in Delhi ahead of Bihar polls
- BJP manipulated EVMs in Gujarat civic polls, says Congress
- Uttarakhand crisis: Nainital HC allows Speaker’s counsel to argue today in disqualification case
- Why doesn’t farmers’ suicide trouble you as much as Pratyusha’s, asks Nana Patekar
- 'Find Your Beautiful': Radhika Apte explains real meaning of beauty
- Actor Harshvardhan Rane finds it challenging to romance three heroines in 'Maaya'
- Shah Rukh Khan is really impressed with his 'Raees' co-stars
- Kapil Sharma returns tonight: 5 reasons that make the first episode special