Shivaji Park was the place where the very first rally of Shiv Sena was held, and where Thackeray held his annual Dussehra rallies year after year. This year, however, he had not been able to attend the event because of ill-health.
Sena spokesperson and MP Sanjay Raut said here that the party workers would be able to pay last respects to the Sena supremo from 7.00 am tomorrow at Shivaji Park.
“People should maintain peace and should not lose calm. We should carry on the thoughts of Shiv Sena chief,” Raut said.
The party has appealed the workers not to come to ‘Matoshree', the Thackeray residence, but go to Shivaji Park instead.
From Our Network
- IPL: 8 hottest female anchors
- 24 Ads & 100 crores: No! Hollywood has not helped Priyanka Chopra in multiplying her brand value
- 5 interesting facts about Dinesh Karthik & Dipika Pallikal's wedding
- Hrithik Roshan is travelling back in time for ‘Mohenjo Daro’. Here’s how!
- Radhika Apte was offered sex comedies after ‘Badlapur’, thinks it’s because she ‘stripped’ in the thriller