Thackeray has been "taken off the life support system... he is definitely responding to treatment", Raut told a television channel.
The Rajya Sabha member described 86-year-old Thackeray's health as stable.
He also appealed to anxious Sena supporters to disperse and stop crowding around the Thackeray residence Matoshri.
"I am appealing to workers to disperse, he is ekdum stable," he said.
Mumbai Police and other security agencies have made tight security arrangements around Matoshri, the Thackeray clan's home in Bandra west.
Over 350 police personnel, plus the Rapid Action Force and other contingents, led by top officers, have deployed stringent security in the vicinity.
From Our Network
- Start negotiations to ‘leave’ as soon as possible, EU chiefs tell Britain
- Grounds need to be watered, match or no match: PM Modi on IPL row
- Work on border fencing on Indo-Bangla border to be completed
- Sourav Ganguly wasn't even present during my interview, says Ravi Shastri
- Militants ambush CRPF bus in Kashmir; eight soldiers martyred, 24 injured