Thackeray has been "taken off the life support system... he is definitely responding to treatment", Raut told a television channel.
The Rajya Sabha member described 86-year-old Thackeray's health as stable.
He also appealed to anxious Sena supporters to disperse and stop crowding around the Thackeray residence Matoshri.
"I am appealing to workers to disperse, he is ekdum stable," he said.
Mumbai Police and other security agencies have made tight security arrangements around Matoshri, the Thackeray clan's home in Bandra west.
Over 350 police personnel, plus the Rapid Action Force and other contingents, led by top officers, have deployed stringent security in the vicinity.
From Our Network
- Successful, suicidal and the boyfriend connection: What actresses’ death reveal about the glamour world
- Meet Angoorlata Deka, the actress-turned-MLA from Assam
- Aha Love! Ash just did Q&A on Twitter and hubby Abhishek had a really important query
- Here’s how Shilpa Shetty lost 21 kgs in just 3 months after pregnancy
- Flipkart Big Shopping Days: 10 deals you should not miss