According to hospital officials, Gandhi reached the hospital in south Delhi around 10 p.m. and discussed the condition of the girl, who is on ventilator support, with attending doctors and hospital authorities. She left around 10.30 p.m.
Earlier, hospital authorities said the condition of the girl, who was thrown off the moving bus, has "slightly deteriorated" and continues to be critical.
The brutal rape and torture occurred Sunday night when the girl and her friend boarded a private bus at Munirka in south Delhi to go to Dwarka in west Delhi after watching a movie.
The woman was beaten up and raped by at least six men inside the bus. Four accused have been arrested.
From Our Network
- BJP links Rahul Gandhi’s aide to AgustaWestland scam, demands probe
- Rahul Gandhi as UP CM candidate: Prashant Kishor trying to kill two birds with one stone?
- AAP founder member quits party, alleges Kejriwal indulges in community based politics
- Honesty punished, dishonesty rewarded in party: TMC MP Dinesh Trivedi
- Skill India: Top 6 quotes of PM Modi
- Here’s how Mrs. Bipasha Basu Singh Grover is flaunting her marital status
- No faith in climate prevailing in country: Full text of Vijay Mallya’s letter to Rajya Sabha Ethics Committee
- Is Anushka Sharma’s ‘Sultan’ teaser COPIED from this short film?
- Watch: Akshay, Riteish, Abhishek got into a car and humorously ruined a classic Hindi song
- Not Ankita Lokhande’s ‘distrust’ but Sushant Singh Rajput’s ‘disloyalty’ led to their break-up?