“There might have been trouble had it (the hanging) been announced in advance,” he said inaugurating a private school at Khandagosh in West Bengal's Burdwan district.
Referring to Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee's offer to CPI-M state secretary Biman Bose to visit the party's state headquarters to discuss bringing a no-confidence motion against the UPA II government in the current session of Parliament, he said, she was trying to ‘brush away' the untouchable relation with CPI-M so that the motion is accepted.
“No party has supported her openly,” said Chatterjee, who was expelled from CPI-M for not following the party line and resigning as Speaker when it withdrew support from UPA I government over the nuclear deal in 2008.
He said political animosity was increasing in the state. “There is an environment of unrest in the state ... Maintaining law and order is of utmost importance if the state has to develop.”
From Our Network
- Karan Johar's birthday pics are going viral and they have every reason to. Plus AbRam
- Not cuts or A Certificate; censor board stops release of ‘Udta Punjab’?
- SC allows Italian marine Salvatore Girone to return home
- Juvenile Justice act: No handcuffs, no jail for minors, corporal punishment to be treated as crime
- Abhishek Bachchan’s ‘witty’ congratulatory message for Aishwarya will make you laugh