“The government is already prepared to discuss anything they want. The Prime Minister has already said that. We are prepared to discuss the issues threadbare,” Home Minister Shushilkumar Shinde told reporters outside Parliament House.
Law Minister Salman Khurshid expressed the hope that the opposition will join in ensuring proper functioning of Parliament.
“We want to give a reply to both the opposition and the country. We have nothing to hide,” Khurshid said.
Parliament has been in turmoil since Tuesday with BJP members demanding resignation of Prime Minister Manmohan Singh over CAG's findings on the issue of extension of undue benefits to the tune of Rs 1.86 lakh crore in allocation of coal blocks.
From Our Network
- Sun ‘going blank’, Earth heading towards mini ice age
- What? Pulkit Samrat is ‘too busy’ to divorce Salman Khan’s rakhi sister Shweta Rohira?
- 7th Pay Commission: Cabinet clears 23.5 pc salary hike for central govt employees
- Vin Diesel shares his wonderful moments with Pauline and Deepika
- Shahid at it again: This gesture of him for wife Mira will make other husbands angry