“I have never clamoured for any party position or chief minister's post.. the comments are unwarranted,” Yeddyurappa told reporters here.
The former Chief Minister, who recently pushed the party government in the state to a crisis threatening its survival, said he would soon write to Singh expressing his is pleasure over the remarks.
Hinting that there would be no change of leadership in BJP in Karnataka as was being demanded by supporters of Yeddyurappa, Singh had said there was ‘no vacancy' there.
“Where is the vacancy? D V Sadananda Gowda is our chief minister in Karnataka,” Singh told reporters at Ranchi yesterday in response to a query whether there would be a leadership change in Karnataka.
On BJP state president K S Eshwarappa reportedly praising him for being unruffled amid a spate of corruption cases and a CBI probe, Yeddyurappa said he didn't need any sympathy from anybody. “These are not the words of sympathy, but insult,” he said.
After triggering a crisis with nine ministers and several
MLA loyal to him submitting their resignations, Yeddyurappa
however, announced a few days ago that he had deferred his decision to quit the part
Peeved over the party's top brass sidelining him, Yeddyurappa had said he would not attend the BJP National Executive to be held in Mumbai from May 24, and launched a scathing attack on general secretary Anantkumar, alleging that he was misguiding the party.
From Our Network
- Monsoon Session: Lok Sabha adjourned for the day after obituary references
- Not CM candidate, Rahul Gandhi to lead party across the country: Congress
- Rajya Sabha Chairman accepts Vijay Mallya's fresh resignation
- Shiv Sena's alliance with BJP for Hindutva, not power: Uddhav Thackeray
- Major change in ‘Pak policy’? Govt says no problem in Hurriyat talking to Islamabad
- Shah Rukh Khan clears the air about working with Ranveer Singh
- Odd-even not a long-term remedy, Arvind Kejriwal admits for first time
- ‘So close yet so far’: Peter Mukerjea's love letter to Indrani on her birthday
- Did Daddy David stop Varun Dhawan from living-in with girlfriend Natasha?
- Aditya Pancholi’s wife Zarina Wahab talks about breaking 29-years-of marriage because of Kangana