The co-ordination committee will include Janardhan Dwivedi, Madhusudan Mistry, Sonia Gandhi's political adviser Ahmed Patel and party general secretary Digvijay Singh.
Today's appointment comes in the context of the daylong Samvad meeting that was held in Surajkund last week for a brainstorming session between ministers and party leaders in the presence of the Prime Minister Dr Manmohan Singh and UPA chairperson Sonia Gandhi.
Though there had been speculations about Rahul Gandhi taking over as working president of the party, today's announcement makes it clear that the Gandhi scion would be given complete charge of the party for the next Lok Sabha elections.
Though the Congress has not said in clear terms, but Rahul Gandhi is bound to be projected by the party as its prime ministerial candidate in the next Lok Sabha elections.
From Our Network
- Laughing Buddha: Which one to use and where to place?
- Govt appoints former Delhi top cop BS Bassi as UPSC member, AAP cries foul
- Yeh hai Mohabbatein: Raman-Ishita love making photos leaked (view pics
- When Khans don’t why does Akshay Kumar act in slapstick comedy like ‘Housefull 3’? The Khiladi answers
- Know who said what on Tanmay Bhat’s controversial video mocking Tendulkar & Lataji