The co-ordination committee will include Janardhan Dwivedi, Madhusudan Mistry, Sonia Gandhi's political adviser Ahmed Patel and party general secretary Digvijay Singh.
Today's appointment comes in the context of the daylong Samvad meeting that was held in Surajkund last week for a brainstorming session between ministers and party leaders in the presence of the Prime Minister Dr Manmohan Singh and UPA chairperson Sonia Gandhi.
Though there had been speculations about Rahul Gandhi taking over as working president of the party, today's announcement makes it clear that the Gandhi scion would be given complete charge of the party for the next Lok Sabha elections.
Though the Congress has not said in clear terms, but Rahul Gandhi is bound to be projected by the party as its prime ministerial candidate in the next Lok Sabha elections.
From Our Network
- Uttarakhand floor test on May 10, SC debars 9 disqualified MLAs from voting
- Sonia, Rahul, Manmohan released after brief detention by Delhi Police
- AAP founder member quits party, alleges Kejriwal indulges in community based politics
- India does not support any one political group in Nepal: Ambassador Ranjit Rae
- PM Modi to visit Iran this month, aims to bolster bilateral ties
- Allan Donald quits as South Africa bowling coach
- #DUadmissions: Top 10 colleges of Science, Commerce and Arts
- Top 11 most popular Bollywood stars on social media
- ‘Beef ban’ to continue in Maharashtra but ‘beef possession’ not a criminal offence: Bombay HC
- SRK celebrates HNY success at St. Xavier's College, Kolkata (see pics)