In a related development, a court in Hyderabad directed police to investigate a speech made by Owaisi in Nanded in 2012, which allegedly targeted a particular community.
Upon a complaint filed by Hyderabad corporator Raja Singh, the court today asked Mangalghat police here to probe the Nanded speech and file a report by February 11.
Magistrate's court in Nirmal today allowed police to take Akbaruddin in custody from tomorrow.
Akbaruddin, arrested by Nirmal police on January 8 from Gandhi Hospital in Hyderabad in connection with a hate speech case, is at present in judicial custody in Adilabad District jail. The police had sought a seven-day custody.
Owaisi has been booked for alleged hate speeches by the police of Nirmal and Nizambad Two town, and Osmania University police here. Further, the Metropolitan Magistrate's Court of L B Nagar yesterday took cognisance of another complaint over one of his speeches, and summoned him to the court on February 4.
Osmania University police have issued notice to a local TV channel for airing the controversial speeches that Akbaruddin had made at Nizamabad and Nirmal. The channel has also been asked to hand over video footage of the speeches to the investigating officer.
From Our Network
- IPL 2016 final: Sunrisers defeat RCB by 8 runs to claim maiden title win
- Akshay Kumar’s special message for wife & daughter will melt your heart!
- FDI in India: Top 10 investing countries
- Indian Railways successfully conducts trial run for high-speed Spanish Talgo coaches
- Women are responsible for half of misogynistic tweets, study finds