The affidavit, signed by joint secretary Dheeraj Gupta in the PMO, has been submitted in response to a public interest litigation (PIL) seeking a probe into alleged irregularities by Vadra in land deals in Haryana. It now looks likely to kick up another controversy.
The affidavit, dated Nov 24 whose copy was received by petitioner Nutan Thakur Nov 26, alleges that the charges levelled against Vadra are "false, vexatious, hearsay".
Social activist Thakur says she is "completely stumped" by the affidavit.
"This is amazing that without a probe being held into the matter, the Prime Minister's Office has decided not only to give Robert Vadra a clean chit but has also defended him vehemently," she told IANS.
From Our Network
- Tanmay Bhat’s ‘controversial’ video finally has a reaction from Lata Mangeshkar herself!
- 11 important facts you should know about Ravana
- 7 hottest avatars of Surveen Chawla, Hate Story 2 actress
- Gorilla killed after 4-yr-old falls into zoo enclosure
- What? Karan Patel cheated on Kamya Punjabi with Pratyusha Banerjee?