Congress Union Ministers from Karnataka S.M. Krishna, Mallikarjun Kharge and K.H. Muniyappa and 16 BJP MPs from the state led by M. Venkaiah Naidu met the Prime Minister separately today seeking a review of the CRA decision.
“Both the groups sought a stay. The Prime Minister told them that it is not permissible as there is no mechanism under CRA to change its award...it is not the decision of the PM but of the CRA.
The CRA will have to meet again for any such thing,” Union Water Resources Minister Pawan Kumar Bansal, present in both the meetings, told reporters here.
He quoted the Prime Minister as saying that the Centre will act keeping in mind the interests of both the states.
CRA is chaired by the Prime Minister and comprises Chief Ministers of Karnataka, Tamil Nadu, Pudducherry and Kerala, besides the Water Resources Minister.
On September 19, the CRA had directed Karnataka to release 9000 cusecs of water to Tamil Nadu daily between September 20 and October 15.
From Our Network
- Love is in the air: ‘Mastani’ Deepika gives a ‘Befikre’ visit to Ranveer in Paris (see pic)
- Kainchi Dham: The temple Steve Jobs advised Mark Zuckerberg to visit
- Railways rolls back Rs 30 service charge on credit/debit card booking at reservation counters
- Incident not racist, guilty will be punished: EAM tells African students
- Watch: Here’s the incident when Arijit Singh miffed Salman Khan