The Lok Sabha and Rajya Sabha could not carry on with question hour as members of the opposition raised a din inside the two houses over the foreign direct investment (FDI) policy that they claim will hit small traders.
Within minutes of proceedings beginning, opposition MPs were on their feet raising slogans against the FDI policy.
In the Lok Sabha, Speaker Meira Kumar said, "The first question is on crime against women and you are not allowing it."
Despite her request to take their seats, the MPs continued with their sloganeering, resulting in Meira Kumar adjourning the house till 12 noon.
Similar scenes were witnessed in the Rajya Sabha with Hamid Ansari asking the MPs, who trooped near his podium carrying placards that had slogans against the FDI policy, to return to their seats.
As the MPs continued to raise slogans, Ansari adjourned the house till 12 noon.
From Our Network
- 24-yr-old woman Infosys employee allegedly hacked to death at Chennai railway station
- Down but not defeated: Kapil Sharma’s show scores high in TRP report card
- Censor board clears Salman Khan’s ‘Sultan’ without any cuts
- A path forward for India to become NSG member by year end: US
- ‘Being Funny’ Salman Khan mocks Deepika, Priyanka for their Hollywood projects