"Why is Modi silent about his wife's name? If you can visit You Tube and search Narendra Modi's wife, you will find the name Yashoda Ben as his wife," Singh told reporters here, questioning the common perception that the Gujarat chief minister is a bachelor.
Singh said Modi's comment was not aimed at Tharoor's wife Sunanda Pushkar alone, and has belittled all womanhood.
Modi's comment came at an election rally in Himachal Pradesh three days ago, after Tharoor was brought back into the union council of ministers.
The Thiruvananthapuram MP had resigned from the union ministry in 2010 over the IPL Kochi episode.
Singh also justified Tharoor's reply that Modi doesn't know how to love a woman.
Intensifying his attack over the "proximity" between BJP chief Nitin Gadkari and political activist Arvind Kejriwal, the Congress general secretary said: "Why is Kejriwal mum over serious allegations against Gadkari? He and other so-called corruption activists have close relations with him (Gadkari)".
On financial irregularities in firms owned by Gadkari, Singh said the BJP chief could make a film called Slumdog Millionaire Part-II, as the directors of his firms belonged to slums.
Digvijay Singh accused Chief Minister Prem Kumar Dhumal and his MP son Anurag Thakur of involvement in the illegal purchase of land for educational institutions and for the construction of a sports stadium in Dharamsala.
From Our Network
- Tanmay Bhat’s ‘controversial’ video finally has a reaction from Lata Mangeshkar herself!
- I-T probe reveals Robert Vadra owns Rs 19 cr benami property in London
- After Aishwarya, Abhishek Bachchan speaks up on Salman Khan’s Rio controversy
- Know who said what on Tanmay Bhat’s controversial video mocking Tendulkar & Lataji
- Flipkart effect: L&T Infotech withdraws job offer to around 1500 students