"I am confident that the motion moved by BJP in Lok Sabha and Rajya Sabha will be rejected...I am urging all parties not to subscribe to the politics of BJP," Parliamentary Affairs Minister Kamal Nath told reporters in Delhi.
To a question on support by SP and BSP, he said he was confident that political parties will see through the politics of BJP.
"They may oppose FDI. It is for the states to decide. I am confident that parties will see through the politics of BJP...We have the numbers," he said.
His remarks came ahead of Lok Sabha taking up a motion against FDI in multi-brand retail under a rule which entails voting.
From Our Network
- Is Kejriwal a heroine that I would force a hug on him, asks Lalu Yadav
- Skill India: Top 6 quotes of PM Modi
- Major change in ‘Pak policy’? Govt says no problem in Hurriyat talking to Islamabad
- Play active role for village development, use Centre’s resources: PM Modi
- Kuldeep Bishnoi confirms HJC’s merger with Congress, formal announcement tomorrow
- Learn to dry-clean your clothes at home!
- Watch: Sushmita Sen gives ‘wonderful’ speech at daughter’s Annual Day function
- Karan Johar, Rishi Kapoor launch online casting portal
- Wahoo! Aamir Khan’s buys new bike containing metal of aircraft 'INS Vikrant'
- Pakistan has one month's time to grab US F16 deal