"When my grandmother (Indira Gandhi) and father (Rajiv Gandhi) died, I had a lot of angst in me. Anger makes a person blind. I was like a blind man. But when I followed Gandhiji's path of love and kept anger aside, I started seeing things clearly. Your chief minister still has a lot of anger inside him," Rahul Gandhi said while addressing a rally here.
"You (the people of Gujarat) are full of love. You have your own dreams and it is you who run this state, the historical past of here has been of love, which is there in your hearts that you have expressed and have shown also. There should be a government in this state which has love," he added.
He also questioned the Gujarat government's claim that the Narmada river water had reached every household of the state. "I am asking you today; do you have water in your homes?" he asked, to which the assembled crowd said a resounding "no".
He added that nearly 14,000 Right to Information (RTI) queries were pending in Gujarat. The Lokayukta could not be appointed in the state as "one man" did not want it.
This was Rahul Gandhi's third state tour ahead of the second phase of polling in Gujarat Dec 17. Sixty-eight per cent voting was recorded in the first phase of polling Dec 13.
From Our Network
- IndiGo pilots grounded for almost landing on road thinking it was runway
- RJD to nominate Ram Jethmalani, Rabri Devi for Rajya Sabha
- Rich Chadha clarifies her statement on role cutting in ‘Sarbjit’
- Alia Bhatt turns hockey player for Shahid's 'Udta Punjab'
- Salman Khan fought with real wrestlers in 'Sultan', says it used to hurt