* The Lokpal at the centre has been delinked from Lokayukta in the states.
* State government will have to enact a law for setting up Lokayukta within a year of the central government passing the Lokpal bill.
* The prime minister's office will be under the Lokpal, with some riders related to national security and external affairs.
* Officials facing a preliminary probe will be given a hearing.
* Lokpal will have no power to transfer Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) officials investigating a case referred by it.
* Director prosecution of the CBI will be selected by the chief vigilance commissioner.
* The selection panel for the Lokpal will comprise the prime minister, speaker and leader of opposition in Lok Sabha, Chief Justice of India and an eminent jurist.
* Prime minister, the leader of opposition in the lower house and the chief justice of India will select the CBI director.
* Charitable institutions aided by the government will come under Lokpal.
From Our Network
- Narasimha Rao's 'pro-Hindu mindset' led to Babri demolition: Mani Shankar Aiyar
- Before ‘Meri Pyaari Bindu’, Parineeti Chopra will hit silver screen with this movie
- Priyanka Chopra speaks up on working in Sanjay Leela Bhansali’s ‘Padmavati’
- Venkaiah Naidu lashes out at Air India after his flight is delayed, AI orders probe
- Former Home Secretary GK Pillai knew of changes in Ishrat affidavit, says one-man inquiry panel