* The Lokpal at the centre has been delinked from Lokayukta in the states.
* State government will have to enact a law for setting up Lokayukta within a year of the central government passing the Lokpal bill.
* The prime minister's office will be under the Lokpal, with some riders related to national security and external affairs.
* Officials facing a preliminary probe will be given a hearing.
* Lokpal will have no power to transfer Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) officials investigating a case referred by it.
* Director prosecution of the CBI will be selected by the chief vigilance commissioner.
* The selection panel for the Lokpal will comprise the prime minister, speaker and leader of opposition in Lok Sabha, Chief Justice of India and an eminent jurist.
* Prime minister, the leader of opposition in the lower house and the chief justice of India will select the CBI director.
* Charitable institutions aided by the government will come under Lokpal.
From Our Network
- Tanmay Bhat’s ‘controversial’ video finally has a reaction from Lata Mangeshkar herself!
- Hafiz Saeed slams China after President Xi Jingping asks his people to shun Islam
- Flipkart effect: L&T Infotech withdraws job offer to around 1500 students
- Watch: After RCB lose IPL final, Gayle grooves to Michael Jackson’s tune
- Online shopping gets dearer in UP, Akhilesh govt imposes 5 pc entry tax on e-commerce purchases