AAP supremo Arvind Kejriwal himself made this announcement .
After making this announcement, Kejriwal went to meet Lt Governor Najeeb Jung and submitted his party's claim to form the government.
After coming out of his meeting with the Lt Governor, Kejriwal said that the LG has assured he will forward his claim to the President.
Kejriwal further said that the swearing-in date will be fixed through mutual consultation and the venue for swearing-in will be Ramlila Maidan.
Earlier, AAP leader and Patparganj MLA Manish Sisodiya categorically made it clear that Arvind Kejriwal will be the next Chief Minister and all the talks about somebody else becoming CM were just rumours.
Arvind Kejriwal is expected to take oath of office on December 26.
Senior AAP leader Yogendra Yadav tweeted this morning: "Polls closed. 280 jansabhas, 324k SMS, 238k calls, 135k web votes. Ever heard of a larger exercise in participatory democracy? Delhi wins"
AAP leader Kumar Vishwas said in Ghaziabad this morning, that his party would definitely form the government in Delhi, since the people of the capital wants us to rule.
"We have not sought anybody's support, but will prove our majority in the assembly", he added.
He said, "if we form the government, we will implement all the promises that we have made in our manifesto".
Kumar Vishwas warned that the people of Delhi would give a befitting reply to those who would try to "disturb our government".
Here we are giving you minute-by-minute updates:
From Our Network
- A.R. Rahman to Arjit Singh: Salman Khan’s bad blood with musicians is not new. Here’s proof
- Not Anushka Sharma but this Bollywood actress was Virat Kohli’s first love interest!
- Meet Angoorlata Deka, the actress-turned-MLA from Assam
- When nobody noticed Shah Rukh-Gauri at crowded London station (see pics)
- Woah! Rani Mukerji’s five-month-old daughter Adira all set to make her Bollywood debut