From early 1980s to 2005, Siddaramaiah who comes from a poor farmer's family, was a die-hard anti-Congressman but his ouster from JDS of former Prime Minister Deve Gowda brought him to political cross-roads.
Joining the Congress less than seven years ago, he has today realised his life-time ambition, another example that patience and perseverance eventually pays.
From Our Network
- China's most powerful new generation space rocket launches successfully
- Beijing sinking by up to 11cm annually, warns a satellite study
- Kejriwal has no IIT rank, he got in through 'other' methods: Subramanian Swamy
- Supreme Court to hear plea on banning WhatsApp for security reasons
- Hot climate is responsible for higher rates of aggression and violence, shows study