"Untruth cannot become the basis for crucifying anybody. Till court pronounces...Everyone enjoys equal protection. They are innocent till proved guilty," Congress spokesman Manish Tewari told reporters.
He was responding to a media query on whether the Congress favoured action against the Law Minister.
Khurshid has already knocked at the door of law and has already initiated certain civil proceedings and criminal proceedings are under contemplation, Tewari said.
Noting that reports of certain findings by the CAG against the NGO were found to be incorrect as there has been no CAG report on the issue, he said each and every allegation will be subject to judicial scrutiny.
Tewari's remarks came as the war of attrition between Kejriwal and Khurshid escalated with the activist launching an indefinite protest demanding the Minister's resignation and arrest.
Khurshid's wife Louise, the project director of the NGO Dr Zakir Hussain Memorial Trust, lashed out at Kejriwal, terming the allegations of "money bungling" as "baseless innuendos" and accused him of "doing politics using the shoulders of the disabled".
She also trashed speculation about her husband resigning over the issue, saying there is no reason why her husband should step down. "There is no inquiry against Khurshid either by the central government or any report by the CAG. So why should he step down?" Louise said.
From Our Network
- Agusta choppers: No evidence against Sonia, Congress quotes Italy judge
- Shiv Sena's alliance with BJP for Hindutva, not power: Uddhav Thackeray
- Major change in ‘Pak policy’? Govt says no problem in Hurriyat talking to Islamabad
- Play active role for village development, use Centre’s resources: PM Modi
- GSPC defaulted Rs.19,700 crore bank loan under Modi: Congress
- Salman on Eid and Ajay, Hrithik on R-Day: Is SRK caught between devil and deep sea?
- Is this the actual reason behind Sushant Singh Rajput and Ankita Lokhande’s break-up?
- Kangana-Hrithik & Salman’s ambassadorship: Sanjay Dutt speaks on burning controversies
- KRK has something to say about Karan Singh Grover’s third marriage with Bipasha Basu
- IPL: 8 hottest female anchors