JMM chief Shibu Soren, his son Hemant Soren and other leaders made the request when they met Governor Syed Ahmad here.
"We had requested the governor to give us some more time for formation of the government in the state," Hemant Soren told reporters afterwards.
"The possibilities of alternative government exist in the state and the governor should explore the possibilities."
From Our Network
- "Ek Nayi Subah": Criticism comes from people affected by curbing of corruption, says PM Modi
- Had 10 seconds to make the final call: Pilot of air ambulance which crash-landed in Delhi
- Kanpur shocker: Bankrupt man puts wife at stake in IPL bet, loses her
- Pakistan can target Delhi from Kahuta in five minutes, says father of Pakistan's nuclear programme
- Sanitary Napkins should be provided in rural toilets: Uma Bharti