JMM chief Shibu Soren, his son Hemant Soren and other leaders made the request when they met Governor Syed Ahmad here.
"We had requested the governor to give us some more time for formation of the government in the state," Hemant Soren told reporters afterwards.
"The possibilities of alternative government exist in the state and the governor should explore the possibilities."
From Our Network
- China's most powerful new generation space rocket launches successfully
- Beijing sinking by up to 11cm annually, warns a satellite study
- Kejriwal has no IIT rank, he got in through 'other' methods: Subramanian Swamy
- Supreme Court to hear plea on banning WhatsApp for security reasons
- Hot climate is responsible for higher rates of aggression and violence, shows study