In this year, Arvind Kejriwal finally decided to wear the hat of a politician, Pranab Mukherjee took the reins of Rashtrapati Bhavan, Akhilesh Yadav led Samajwadi party made a spectacular comeback in UP, Vijay Bahuguna's ascendancy as Uttaranchal CM came as a bolt from the blue and Narendra Modi created history in Gujarat by winning elections for third time in a row.
Let's have a look at the top newsmakers of 2012:
From Our Network
- Two-third people happy with Modi government's performance in two years
- Switzerland: Muslim students must shake hands with female teachers or face fine
- Had 10 seconds to make the final call: Pilot of air ambulance which crash-landed in Delhi
- Congress’ Big B faux pas: Only Vinod Khanna left then they can sing 'Amar Akbar Anthony', says Rishi Kapoor
- India, Thailand, Myanmar to be connected with a 1400-km road