Gandhi, 42, was named vice president at the 'Chintan Shivir' here.
"I thank the party for honouring me and I am confident we can transfer the Congress party," he said, a Congress Working Committee member told IANS.
Rahul Gandhi is also expected to address the Congress gathering on Sunday afternoon.
From Our Network
- "Ek Nayi Subah": Criticism comes from people affected by curbing of corruption, says PM Modi
- Had 10 seconds to make the final call: Pilot of air ambulance which crash-landed in Delhi
- Kanpur shocker: Bankrupt man puts wife at stake in IPL bet, loses her
- Pakistan can target Delhi from Kahuta in five minutes, says father of Pakistan's nuclear programme
- Sanitary Napkins should be provided in rural toilets: Uma Bharti