Gandhi, 42, was named vice president at the 'Chintan Shivir' here.
"I thank the party for honouring me and I am confident we can transfer the Congress party," he said, a Congress Working Committee member told IANS.
Rahul Gandhi is also expected to address the Congress gathering on Sunday afternoon.
From Our Network
- B'day Special: 10 facts to know about great Tamil icon C.N. Annadurai
- PM Modi to visit Iran this month, aims to bolster bilateral ties
- Paswan to sit on dharna tomorrow in support of toddy sellers
- Second, short affidavit was to ‘dispel misinterpretation’, Chidambaram says on Ishrat Jahan controversy
- BJP, Congress lock horns over ‘Hindu terror’ issue
- Good-bye speculations: Salman Khan is finally getting married by end of this year
- She still got the moves: Aishwarya dancing on Dola Re, Dhoom Machale will make you go WOW!
- London likely to get first Muslim mayor, opponent plays Modi card
- Laughing Buddha: Which one to use and where to place?
- Ajay Devgn avoids clash with SRK but plans to go head-on with Karan Johar