At a prayer meeting in Geetadham Ashram here on Sunday, Swami Shyamdas Maharaj said, technically the promised reward was not a threat, reports Times of India.
"A threat presupposes violence and spitting is a harmless non-violent act", said the saint.
Jethmalani had described Lord Rama as a "bad husband".
"Jethmalani should consider himself a lucky man that he could get away with such a lenient punishment for such an unpardonable act", the seer said.
Swami Shyamdas Maharaj said, Jethmalani seemed to have possed by Ravana's spirit when he made the blasphemous remarks. "But the trend needs to be nipped in the bud. Jethmalani would not be allowed to sully Lord Rama's name."
From Our Network
- Love is in the air: ‘Mastani’ Deepika gives a ‘Befikre’ visit to Ranveer in Paris (see pic)
- Kainchi Dham: The temple Steve Jobs advised Mark Zuckerberg to visit
- Railways rolls back Rs 30 service charge on credit/debit card booking at reservation counters
- Incident not racist, guilty will be punished: EAM tells African students
- Watch: Here’s the incident when Arijit Singh miffed Salman Khan